Sell your home in Jamaica, New York
Jamaica is a neighborhood in the New York City borough of Queens. It is mainly composed of a large commercial and retail area, though part of the neighborhood is also residential. Jamaica is bordered by Hollis to the east; St. Albans, Springfield Gardens, Rochdale Village to the southeast; South Jamaica to the south; Richmond Hill and South Ozone Park to the west; Briarwood to the northwest; and Kew Gardens Hills, Jamaica Hills, and Jamaica Estates to the north.
Jamaica is a major transportation hub, with the Long Island Rail Road’s Jamaica Station serving as the terminal for many trains from Long Island, and the Jamaica–Van Wyck Expressway providing a major connection to John F. Kennedy International Airport. Jamaica is also home to several government buildings, including the Queens County Supreme Court and the Queens County Family Court.
The neighborhood is home to a diverse population, with people from over 100 countries speaking over 100 languages. The largest ethnic groups in Jamaica are Jamaicans, Guyanese, Indians, Caribbeans, and West Africans.
Jamaica is a vibrant and diverse neighborhood with a lot to offer visitors and residents alike. Some of the things to see and do in Jamaica include:
- Shopping: Jamaica Avenue is a major shopping district with a variety of stores, from big-box retailers to small boutiques.
- Dining: Jamaica has a wide variety of restaurants, serving everything from Caribbean food to Indian food to Chinese food.
- Culture: Jamaica is home to several museums and cultural centers, including the Queens Museum and the Jamaica Center for Arts and Learning.
- Nightlife: Jamaica has a lively nightlife scene, with bars and clubs open late into the night.
Jamaica offers buyers the perfect blend of urban convenience and suburban tranquility. We invite you to explore a world of possibilities as you embark on a journey to find your ideal home or sell your existing home in this thriving and diverse community.
Key Features that make Jamaica, New York irresistible:
- Prime Location: Nestled in the heart of Queens, Jamaica offers easy access to Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Long Island, making it a commuter’s paradise. Imagine having all the city’s excitement at your doorstep while still enjoying a serene retreat to call home.
- Cultural Diversity: Experience a melting pot of cultures, traditions, and cuisines right in your neighborhood. From international markets to local festivals, Jamaica embraces diversity like no other, creating a rich tapestry of experiences.
- Modern Amenities: Enjoy the convenience of modern living with a wide array of shopping centers, restaurants, entertainment venues, and fitness facilities. Everything you need is within reach, ensuring you have the best of both worlds.
- Green Spaces: Escape the urban hustle in Jamaica’s lush parks and green spaces. Whether it’s a morning jog or a relaxing picnic, you’ll find ample opportunities to connect with nature and unwind.
- Real Estate Variety: From elegant single-family homes to stylish condos, Jamaica offers a diverse range of housing options to cater to your unique preferences. Whether you’re a first-time buyer or seeking a luxurious upgrade, your dream home awaits.
Our Expertise in Selling Your Home:
Neal and Jay Modi are dedicated to helping you navigate the Jamaica real estate market with ease and confidence. The father-son team of experienced real estate agents understands the local trends, property values, and hidden gems that make this community special. They are committed to matching you with a home that not only meets your criteria but also aligns with your lifestyle aspirations.
Jamaica, Queens is served by five ZIP codes:
- 11432: North of Jamaica Avenue and east of Sutphin Boulevard
- 11433: Between Jamaica Avenue and Linden Boulevard and east of Sutphin Boulevard
- 11434: South of Linden Boulevard and east of Sutphin Boulevard
- 11435: North of Linden Boulevard and west of Sutphin Boulevard
- 11436: South of Linden Boulevard and west of Sutphin Boulevard